Sunday, July 29, 2012

Studying the S.T.A.R.T guide

S - Standards
T - Transition
A - Acknowledgement
R - Requirements
T - Training

I have 85 days until I ship out to Great Lakes. 85 days to learn EVERYTHING in my Start guide. And I've learned maybe a total of... One thing. One. Not two. One.

Some future sailor I'm turning out to be.

But, I'm cracking down. Studying. Exercising. Eating right. 85 days.

Oh boy.

Anyways, tips for studying!! I always hated studying in school, actually I'm pretty sure I never did.

So, my tips come from movies!!

"The language is a pain, but you know I figure it’s like field-stripping a weapon. Just repetition. Repetition." Jake Sully - Avatar

REPETITION

why didn't I think of that?!

So I've been reciting my Sailor's Creed, when I'm working. While I'm running or biking and while I'm laying down before bed.

I am a United States Sailor
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage, and Commitment
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

Hooyah.

REPETITION!

That's really the only study tip I'm using. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment